POSITION OPENING: RESTORE DIRECTOR
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate is an effective leader and manager who thrives on the responsibility of driving ReStore growth while providing an excellent donor, volunteer, and customer experience. Strong candidates will have a proven track record in retail operations and sales growth, creating and executing plans with measurable metrics, managing in a complex environment, seeing opportunities to leverage talent, and managing teams.
Strong candidates possess a proven track record in retail and/or warehouse operations, determining priorities, organizational growth, creating and executing plans with productive and observable outcomes, managing in a complex environment, seeing opportunities to leverage talent, orchestrating simultaneous group projects, and leading teams.
The ReStore Director leads the team that drives donations, sales and profits of Chicago ReStores to further Habitat Chicago’s mission. This includes ensuring the ReStore is adequately staffed with personnel equipped with the appropriate knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish results and maintain employee and volunteer engagement. Further responsibilities include:
- Lead team to provide an excellent donor & volunteer experience, foster good relationships, and continue building a quality base of donors & volunteers to ensure consistent flow and availability of materials.
- Design and execute systems and tools that create operational efficiencies in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Embrace technology solutions to effectively track sales, donors, volunteers, and projects across the organization.
Planning & Measurement (30%)
The ReStore Director directs and evaluates the effectiveness of all ReStore sales and operations, utilizing established metrics and reporting tools. The director leads planning for additional ReStore brick and mortar stores and e-commerce line.
- Participate / lead long-range planning and visioning for both Habitat Chicago and ReStore growth.
- Create an aggressive, achievable, multi-faceted annual operating plan that will support Habitat Chicago's future growth, targeting key areas for growth based on metrics and strategy.
Marketing, Communications, & Networking (10%)
The ReStore Director provides leadership to marketing and communications strategies that drive sales. The director engages in relationship building and networking with key external constituencies.
Leadership and Teamwork (10%)
As the ReStore team’s leader, the director contributes to our organizational health through enthusiastic collaboration, leadership, and personal integrity.
- Maintain a “team first” outlook, supporting the success of the team and the mission in attitude, ideas, and actions; lead by example and with active, creative input for growing and improving the organization.
- Participate in organizational investment strategy decisions, helping to define direction and team needs.
- Contribute enthusiastically to all organization events, helping as necessary with set up/take down, management, networking, various tasks, etc.
- Engage with all members of team, program participants, and core volunteers.
Salaried position ranging from $78,500-$83,000, depending on experience, plus benefits. 30+ vacation/sick/personal days per year. 90% employer paid health insurance; access to dental, life, and 401k (3% match) plans.
After reviewing the attached Full Position Description, please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "ReStore Director – Your Name” in the subject line by 10/01/2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted and interviews will take place on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. This organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.