POSITION OPENING: INSTITUTIONAL GIVING MANAGER
Who we are looking for
Individuals with effective cross collaboration project management skills and proven history identifying, cultivating, and personally soliciting corporation and organization prospects.
This position will actively pursue community engagement opportunities to cultivate contacts and increase awareness with new organizational and corporate partners.
Grant Writing and Management (70%)
The Institutional Giving Manager will be charged with maintaining and increasing the current level of support while also working to research and identify new sources of funding from private and corporate foundations and public entities – including family foundations through the following means:
- Develop proposals, LOIs, case statements, program overviews, and other messaging, as needed, for use in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of institutional donors.
- Oversee and collaborate with the Partnerships Coordinator in the development of accurate, timely, and compelling submissions, ensuring professional standards and compliance with all requirements.
- Use Salesforce as a tool, design and manage system to ensure accurate pledge information and compliance with all institutional grant reporting and deliverable requirements.
Funder Prospecting, Cultivation and Stewardship (20%)
- Use Forefront, GrantStation, and other tools to regularly research and identify foundation prospects that align with Habitat Chicago’s mission and programs.
- Research and identify potential city, state, and federal grant opportunities.
- Coordinate and execute funder site visits, engagement, recognition, and moves management strategies, tracking all activities in Salesforce.
Leadership and Teamwork (10%)
As part of the Development team, the Institutional Giving Manager contributes to our organizational health through enthusiastic collaboration, leadership, and personal integrity.
- Maintain a “team first” outlook, supporting the success of the team and the mission in attitude, ideas, and actions; lead by example and with active, creative input for growing and improving the organization.
- Participate in organizational investment strategy decisions, helping to define direction and team needs.
- Contribute enthusiastically to all organization events, helping as necessary with set up/take down, management, networking, various tasks, etc.
- Engage with all members of team, program participants, and core volunteers.
Salaried; ranging from $60,000 to $63,000 annually, depending on experience, 30+ vacation/sick/personal days per year. 90% employer paid health insurance; access to dental, life, and 401k plans.
Please submit compelling cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Institutional Giving Manager – Your Name” in the subject line by 09/24/2021. Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. This organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.