POSITION OPENING: RESTORE OPERATIONS AMBASSADOR
Donation Handling and Processing (80%)
- Consistently demonstrates responsibility for items entering and exiting the ReStore dock
- Ensure safety standards are being met at all times in receiving and processing
- Assists in screening heavy volume of donated items at receiving area and loading and unloading items for customers and donors
- Responsible for riding on truck with Donation Ambassador to donor sites and safely loading truck with properly screened merchandise
- Assist and coordinate ReStore volunteers that affect processing and receiving
- Maintain organization and security of sold products
- Ensure all donated items are cleaned, properly grouped together, and ready for the sales floor in a timely manner to ensure quick sale and maximum revenue and profit generation
- Plan and prioritize daily cleaning and maintenance tasks for items needed for ReStore receiving area and processing area
- Provides additional coverage for Receiving Coordinator and Processing Coordinator
Customer Service Support (20%)
- Perform retail sales duties as required including but not limited to: operating point of sale (POS) system; opening and closing procedures; following and ensuring compliance with established Habitat for Humanity Chicago and ReStore procedures and guidelines
- Support ReStore team efforts to drive staff development, donations, sales, and profits to further Habitat Chicago's mission
- Provide honest feedback and support to ensure continuous improvement in communication, productivity, efficiency, safety, and satisfaction
- Provides additional coverage for ReStore Ambassador as needed
Who Should Apply
The ideal candidate can safely lift and position up to 70 pounds. This job entails bending, kneeling, and reaching, often in an awkward or tiring position. This individual is adaptable in a fast-paced atmosphere, works well with the public, and thrives on responsibilities that sustain a safe, well-organized, growth-oriented, effective, and efficient operation.
Part-time, approximately 16-24 hours per week, may include working weekends.
After reviewing the attached Full Position Description, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. with “ReStore Operations Ambassador – Your Name” in the subject line by 7/13/20. Only successful applicants will be contacted and interviews will take place on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. This organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.